To promote culture in a broad way – by producing and disseminating programs and projects – is the guiding principle informing SeCArtE’s actions.
The Office of Culture, Arts and Sports (SeCArtE) is a central administrative body responsible for promoting and developing culture, art and sports at Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina.
Established in 2008 – by splitting the former Prorectorate for Culture and Outreach – SeCArte develops activities under the mission of formulating, implementing and managing cultural and artistic actions in a dialogue with the academic community. These actions in turn enhance the production and experience of culture on UFSC campuses.
Guided by such mission, the Office of Culture, Arts and Sports’ actions are aimed at accomplishing the following objectives:
- Transforming UFSC into a relevant center for art production and experimentation;
- Stimulating arts teaching, production and research on all UFSC campuses;
- Promoting the integration between the university and society by transforming UFSC into a disseminating center of arts and culture;
- Promoting and preserving the university’s material and immaterial cultural heritage;
- Revitalizing UFSC’s cultural spaces;
- Ensuring cultural diversity.